Monday, November 2, 2009

English!

One down, two to go! How exciting.

Just a quick update to say that I'm pretty sure I didn't fail my English exam - and I'm very excited that I'll never have to write another English essay again! The questions were pretty good, including one that fitted my text absolutely perfectly (yay!).

Apparently Mr. English Teacher has been going around saying, "How banal, the questions were so banal." If you haven't guessed, intimidation through vocabulary is his thing. He even got an award on our last day to that affect, called the Pomposity award. He said, "WHAT!!? I'm not pompous!" and we were like, well actually, yes you are. Extremely pompous. Case in point, right now.

Anyway, enough about him. I never have to see him in his very scary footy shorts ever again... unless I accidentally run into him at Woolies, which I did once. I never want to again though. He's a BIG man, and the shorts are extremely disturbing, especially if you're not expecting to see them.

And oookay, I'm going to shut up now, before I accidentally declare undying love for my English teacher or something...



Quote of the day:
It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
- William G. McAdoo

6 comments:

  1. "Intimidation through vocabulary" - I love it! I've never had a name for it, though I've experienced it and, ahem, maybe have been guilty of it once or twice, you know, to get out of a tight spot...

    Good on you on waving goodbye to English essays and exams! I hope you are delighted with the results, however banal the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Rozzy! gotta love Mr. English Teacher... He's spoken to me like twice in my entire time at that school. The first time he kind of grunted white nodding to a question I asked (I dunno does that count as talking?) and the second was 'why are you here?'. As you can see, I have been a great influence in his life.
    congrats once again. NO MORE PHYSICS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ozpiratequeen: Thanks! I don't get my results for about a month and a half yet, and I still have two more exams to worry about, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)
    @M: Bahaha that sounds like him! And congrats to you too for surviving physics *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banal. Rhymes with..

    Oh, sorry.
    :-)

    One of my favorite English words that you should drop on him is "He is so verbose." (talks alot without meaning)

    Hope the tests went well!
    Watch out for the woolies...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @f8hasit: Actually, according to the very proper Mr. English Teacher, banal is pronounced buh-NAHL, but a quick check on Dictionary.com told me both are acceptable ;)
    As for Woolies, that's aussie slang for Woolworths Supermarkets... just in case you didn't know that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol...banal?? thats hilarious! and next time you run in to him take a picture!! hahaa!

    ReplyDelete